Divine Mercy Parish has five cemeteries:
- St. Peter | Philos Ave., Westernport, MD 21562 | Lots Available Directions
- St. Mary | Water Station Run Rd, Lonaconing, MD 21539 | Lots available Directions
- St. Gabriel | Barton, MD 21521 | Lots available
- St. Joseph | Cemetery Rd, Midland, MD | Lots available. Directions
- St. Michael | Mt. Pleasant St., Frostburg, MD 21532 | No Lots for Sale Directions
Divine Mercy and Our Lady of the Mountains (Cumberland) combine for 25% of the Archdiocesan Cemeteries (11 of 44 total). Divine Mercy Parish spends in excess of $45,000 to cut grass at the five parish cemeteries. Much of this money comes from operating income because a few cemeteries had little or no perpetual care fund before the merger to Divine Mercy. To keep costs at a minimum, we employ 5 different contractors who have mow grass at two cemeteries each and negotiate a prepaid amount for 12 cuttings throughout the year and stress the importance of having the grass cut and swept for the major holidays like Mothers Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, etc.. the 13th cut and beyond cost the parish extra. After budgeting the funds each year, rainy weather becomes the biggest challenge to having the cemeteries look good for holidays and in general as much of the season as possible.
Spring 2022 has been more challenging than others due to frequent heavy rains but it seems things will begin to dry out in the near future! We greatly appreciate your patience and input regarding the condition of the cemeteries as we deal with this one of many challenges facing our good parishes here in Allegany County.
For additional information please contact the parish office at: 301.689.6767, ext. 104 or email Ed Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org.